Site Map & Contact
Content Visual Standard
On application, you are entitled to receive free of charge information about the personal data relating to you which has been stored. You are also entitled to have data corrected, blocked or deleted. If you have a question about this, please contact our Data Protection Office email: firstname.lastname@example.org . If you access sites or files from within our websites and are requested to enter information about yourself, please note that such data is transmitted through the Internet in a unsecured form and could therefore be accessed and manipulated by unauthorized third parties.
The usage of our website is basically carried out without the entry of personal data. When you access our Web sites, we may automatically (i.e., not by registration) collect non-personal data which cannot be assigned to a particular user (e.g. type of Internet browser and operating system used, domain name of the Web site from which you came, number of visits, average time spent on the site, pages viewed). We may use this data within the Continental group to monitor the attractiveness of our Web sites and improve their performance or content.
Personal data (e.g. your name, address, telephone number or e-mail address) is only collected by us when you voluntarily choose to provide us with it (e.g. by registration, survey), respectively provide your consent, or unless otherwise permitted by applicable laws and regulations for the protection of your personal data. You can recall your data by emailing email@example.com.
The personal data which you chose to provide us with we will use generally to:
- respond to your inquiry;
- process your order; or
- provide you access to specific information or offers
To maintain customer relations it may also be necessary to:
- store and process personal data and share it within the Continental Corporation to better understand your business needs and how we can improve our products and services; or
- we (or a third party on our behalf) may use personal data to contact you about a Continental Automotive GmbH offer in support of your business needs or to conduct online surveys to understand our customers needs better.
Naturally we understand if you do not want to allow your personal data to be used for our customer relationship support (particularly for direct marketing or market research). We will therefore not sell or market your data to any third party other than those within the Continental Corporation
Continental Corporation will collect, use or disclose personal data supplied by you online only for the purposes disclosed to you, unless the collection, use or disclosure:
- is a use of the personal data for any additional purpose that is directly related to the original purpose for which the personal data was collected;
- is necessary to prepare, negotiate and perform a contract with you;
- is required by law or the competent governmental or judicial authorities;
- is necessary to establish or preserve a legal claim or defense; or
- is necessary to prevent fraud or other illegal activities, such as willful attacks on Continental Corporation information technology systems to damage data safety.
Through your use of telecommunications services to access our Web site, your communications data (e.g. Internet protocol address) or utilization data (e.g. information on the beginning, end and extent of each access, and information on the telecommunications services you accessed) are technically generated and could conceivably relate to personal data. To the extent that there is a compelling necessity, the collection, processing and use of your communications or utilization data will occur and will be performed in accordance with the applicable data privacy protection legal framework.
To protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss or alteration and against unauthorized disclosure or access, Continental uses technical and organizational security measures.
Continental Automotive GmbH websites contain links to other Web sites.Continental Automotive GmbH is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other websites.